We were asked to review each other’s project ideas in groups of three and provide opinions on the positives and negatives while offering useful suggestions.
Project Idea (summarised)
To create an instructional interactive website that educates users about the cause and effect overfishing has on the marine environment (areas include decline in commercial/non commercial species’ population, unbalanced ecosystem & fishing industry) for adults ranging from the ages of 20-40. This would be done via an interactive that showcases a simulated marine environment where users can engage by clicking any section that represent a key area overfishing affects, prompting a pop-up that provides an in-depth explanation about said area, for e.g. clicking on the boat will prompt a pop up explaining how overfishing effects the fishing industry or clicking on the net below the boat would prompt a pop-up informing users about commercial and non-commercial species’ population/treatment.
- Liked my idea for the interactive
- Liked the way I represented the key areas of overfishing through the interactive
- Refine target audience
- Contextual setting needed more thought
- Provide specific examples when addressing the commercial and endangered species’ area e.g. a fact/statistic about the population count of cod
- Narrow down the target audience to an age range (already applied above)
- Thinking about how I can integrate my interactive website as part of a fishing course for my contextual setting